Squishy, stretchy and clogging up your Instagram feed, this non-Newtonian fluid simply demands to be poked. The only problem lies in the thousands of slime recipes circulating the internet calling for glue, water, foaming hand soap, contact lens solution, shaving cream, lotion, body wash and borax. What even is borax? (It’s laundry detergent.) Luckily, Verde has gone through and reviewed many recipes and compiled the ideal slime recipe with just three ingredients — so if you find yourself breaking down during finals, take 20 minutes to sit down and get slimey.
What You Will Need:
1 cup warm water 10oz clear PVA glue
1 tbs borax large mixing bowl
measuring cup spoon
airtight container your hands
1. Place all glue into a large bowl
2. Slowly mix any food coloring into the glue to avoid excess air
3. In a separate bowl, combine warm water and borax, stirring until the borax is completely dissolved
4. Add borax solution into the glue, one tablespoon at a time while stirring the glue until it begins to clump
5. Knead slime with hands, periodically adding more borax until slime is no longer sticky to the touch. Slime should be opaque
6. Place slime in an airtight container and allow it to sit for 3 to 5 days to allow the air bubbles to dissolve
7. Once slime is transparent, add in any optional adornments such as foam beads, glitter, or clay
8. Enjoy your slime!